War Child announce ‘Dear John’ tribute album to mark John Lennon’s 80th birthday by Kevin Rodriguez

UK band 'War Child' has announced that their latest album would be titled, "Dear John" as a tribute to musician and rock legend, John Lennon. The album is set to be released on June 11th, to mark Lennon's 80th birthday in October. It will feature new interpretations of songs by the late musician albeit with a certain twist from the band, as they have stated that they want each track to have a different sound, a different feel.  This album is set to be recorded live, based entirely on a virtual  charity concert organized and put on by Blurred Vision vocalist Sepp Osley. Sepp is quoted with saying, "I began reaching out to artists around the world who I respected and admired." Adding additionally, "Before I knew it, an unbelievable roster of artists had signed up and were going to be a part of the 80th birthday celebration for our mutual hero and help us raise money for charity so close to my heart." As a result of this all-star lineup, KT Tunstall delivered a fresh take on 'Gimme Some Truth', while Maxi Jazz from the band Faithless put their own touch and style to 'Power To The People.' 

It's clear that John Lennon's vast musical influence has transcended genres, inspiring musicians anywhere from Jazz to rock to even classical and metal music, to take the influence, style and persona of what he was, and what he has left and be able to create something entirely fresh, from scratch and different in tone As a musician myself, John Lennon and The Beatles are the sole reason why I picked up a guitar and started strumming and why I  started pounding away at the skins since the day I first listened to their music as a 4th grader in elementary school. For me to try and explain to you all the magnitude of his influence on me personally, I just could not find the words. For me, the words are in the music that he left behind and in the music that I myself create. John Lennon is, has been, and always will be my biggest musical hero, along with the the other 3 Beatles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog